Think of any great website that you visit often and chances are that it has a mobile presence. Just off the top of my head I can think of Reuters, WSJ, BBC, CNN to name a few in the news space and of course, there is the social network lot like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Linked in. All of these companies moved to mobile from web, while maintaining presence on both.
On the other hand, there are successes like Instagram which started only on mobile, was hugely successfully and was eventually acquired by Facebook for $1 Billion in 2012.
Most start-ups do have a web presence and having a mobile application alongside it is a great way to leverage on the advantages that could bring benefits to both the channels. Here are some advantages for start-ups to invest in a mobile app, sooner rather than later.
- The world is going mobile! A recent study estimated that over 55% of the US adult population has some kind of mobile device with them. A start-up is potentially missing out on a huge market by not investing in a mobile app. A mobile app is great way to build lasting engagement with customers, something that websites may not be very effective at.
- Convenience and Ease of use: Mobile Apps can be used on the move by users and in environments that cannot be serviced by desktops and websites. Think shopping, eating out in a restaurant, relaxing on a park bench, or waiting for your flight.
- Reach an untapped market: Not everyone who is a potential customer browses from home. There is a big market out there of potential customers who are active on the mobile and on mobile alone.
- Referrals and positive word of mouth: A smart mobile app will instantly result in a positive referral from the user to his/her peer community. A well designed app that users love to play with lends itself well to being recommended to friends and relatives. Referring a website – maybe not so easy!
- Competitive edge: If you happen to be in a market where competition is still residing in web pages, a mobile app can be a huge source of competitive advantage. More customers, more views and chance of more revenue.
There you have it prix pharmacie viagra. Those are five good reasons to start thinking mobile as a start-up.
However, do bear in mind that the most important rule before you start any development – Think like your customer. Find out that unfulfilled need your customers have that needs a solution and build a user friendly, feature rich, future ready app by partnering with a company that shares your vision and purpose.
HatchForce is new age web/mobile developers for iOS, Android and Ruby On Rails.Hatch Force Team has delivered top notch Apps for both mobile and web and preferred mostly by Start-ups and Small and Medium Enterprises for their Unique Napkin ideas. If you are planning to transform your eccentric ideas into real world downloadable apps, get in touch with Hatch Force.